Monday 21 July 2014

The Pep Talk: Upclose and personal with the latest signee Padi



 Killville(KV): Wats up bro
Padi Oumar(PO): I'm based fam.
 KV: Can you tell us a bit about yourself.
PO: Well, my name is Padi Oumar Ofei and I’m 18. I really love music and anime. I also rap and sing. I noticed my passion for singing about 5 years ago. I recently joined killville.
KV: That’s good, you know killville doesn’t recruit a lot of people into the crew, it takes a lot of hardwork to be in such a music group so why you?
PO: I’m friends with the members of killville and we used to hang out back in school (Adisadel College) and I sang one time while they were around and us to freestyle for 6’5 and A.T.O; they told me that I was really good. I featured in their upcoming album genocide 2.0 and after recording my part, Calvin, the manager and A.T.O suggested I joined.
KV: Do you think you are good enough?
PO: Well, due to my lack of self-confidence I always rate myself as average but to other people, I’m very good.
KV: So what are you going to bring to the board since killvile’s got some great wordsmith or rappers like blaeza, A.T.O, 6’5, koul .eF, big Stan and yung drillz?
PO: Yeah, they are sick sick rappers but I’m going to hybridize a bit, that is, mixing the rapping with singing. I want to break the monotony of just having a good singer and having a good rapper, and putting them into one.
KV: You hear that my people, not long ago this guy were a virgin to the mic now he’s going to bring diversity into the group. So Padi, where do you get your motivation from, like others they hit tress and put down stuff, so how do you do it?
PO: Well, I draw inspiration from lots of different places. I listen to all genres of music and I kind of mix it together. I must say my greatest influences are Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, Justin Beiber and Drake.
KV: Aright, I think the ladies are going to love you.
PO: Haha, I hope so.
KV: So should the people expect anything from you soon?
PO: Well, yeah, they should. I thought of doing a mixtape titled “Destination of a Dreamer” but no, I’m going to start doing singles.
KV: Taking it slow I guess?
PO: Yeah bruv, had advice from a good sound engineer.
KV: You know what; the love folks will say “a good relationship is that one you take slow and serious”.
PO: Precisely FAM.
KV: Lastly, what do you have for your fans?
PO: Hey everyone, your boy Oumar here, I’m new to the music scene but y’all should expect my first single coming out soon “Spotlight”. It’s going to be sick. Peace and love.
KV: Y’all heard him, so it’s the new signee and he’s going to be great. Genocide 2.0 is coming out pretty soon and expects Padi on it.

Remember to follow Padi on twitter @Padi_Oumar and us @_killville; you can also visit our soundcloud page www.soundcloud.com/killville
S/O to the killville management and H.Y.P.E.R.A.C.T.I.V.E

No comments:

Post a Comment